No less than 55% of a home’s energy consumption is used for heating. The 45% difference is split between lighting, hot water and appliances.
Finding an optimal but also economical temperature for the home can turn into a long process of experimentation. We created this guide to help you. Thus, you too will be able to find an optimal temperature for the comfort of your family, taking care at the same time of electricity consumption.
The temperature in the home depending on the season
Considering that our body is used to climate changes in each season, the temperature in the home must also be changed depending on the season.
While the ideal temperature in winter is 20-22 ℃, in the warm season the optimum temperature is between 22-24 ℃ (about 10 degrees less than the outside temperature).
Maintaining optimal temperature values: Benefits
These are some of the benefits of maintaining an optimal temperature in the home:
- Improved mood, physical and mental health;
- Deep and quality sleep;
- Low energy consumption.
Efficient use of the heating system: Practical Guide
Follow these tips to make sure you don’t pay higher gas and electricity bills than you need to:
- Always close the room doors;
- Do not cover radiators;
- Install reflective panels behind radiators to direct heat into the room. In this way you can save up to 2-3% of the total energy consumption of the home;
- Thermally insulate your home;
- Use smart thermostats that can be set so that the home is not heated during certain time intervals or days, when no one is at home;
- Periodically check the heating system.
Keep in mind these useful tips to make your home the perfect place to relax, at optimal administrative costs.